Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Left Alone

Hey Its Mary here...of course. I'm the only one left on this blog. I'm not sure if Liz has gotten a new blog or not but I don't think that she is going to be using this one anymore. This is quite fitting because she is no longer one that is left behind. I will probably also have to change the address and title of this blog. That's okay though.

So another school year has begun and I got a new job. I LOVE IT!!! I am a TA for Anthropology 101 and it is so much fun. I decide when I do my hours and I can do most of it at home. Also, I get to teach two classes on Fridays. Its a lot of fun being the one in charge. I also grade their papers and that's pretty fun. I get paid quite a bit too. I really do love it but I will not be able to do it in the summer so I'll probably have to look for another job at that time.

However, I will be doing field school in the spring done in Southern Utah. I'm so excited. Field school is a requirement of the Archaeology majors here at BYU. It is a time where we go and do excavations in Southern Utah. This will help me learn the necessary skills needed to become an archaeologist. I am soooooo excited for that. This will end in late May or early June so I will probably still almost an entire summer to work and such. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it though.

I miss you all! I can't wait to see you again. I hope you are all having wonderful lives and I will see you in December!
<3 Mary

3 comments:

Becky said...

Mary, I am so excited that you found a major that you love and are loving. So, you teach college students? That's scary and awesome! I REALLY miss you too and I cant wait for December. Hugs and kisses, Becky

Mark said...

How on earth did you get a TA job like that when you're not a graduate student? All of the TA's here at SDSU are grad students.

andthenthereweretwo said...

They always employ undergrads for it. Probably because there is no graduate program in Anthropology. There is a graduate program in Archeaology but not Anthropology.
I love doing it though! It is way fun!