Friday, April 3, 2009

Scholarship surprise

Ok everyone. So yesterday morning I got a message from the University in my inbox telling me to go to my finacial center online because I had a message there waiting for me. So, expecting a demand for more money I obeyed and proceeded to my finacial center online. I found that there was a charge for me to pay for my rented computer but I also found that I did indeed have a message from the BYU Scholarship program. Expecting yet another rejection, I proceeded to the message. To my everlasting surprise, these words were staring me in the face,"Mary,Congratulations! You have been awarded a scholarship in the amount of full LDS tuition for Spring and Summer Terms." Shocked and amazed, I wanted to brush it off as an april fool's joke. But that day was April 2nd and that would just be cruel. However, being almost late for class, I had to close the message and start my journey to my class. I was deep in thought for the entire class period and I was unsure of what to do about this seemingly unbelievable event. Later, when it all finally sunk in, I started to understand the significance of this offer and that it was a wonderful opportunity. So, after much thought and prayer, I have decided to stay here in Provo to take classes in the Spring and Summer. I am sorry to say that if I have made plans with you for this summer in California, they will most likely be cancelled. This saddens me deeply but I know that this is an opportunity that could possibly never happen again and I need to take advantage of it. Thank you all for your love and support. I hope that we can make plans again for another summer when I return home to California.
I love you all and I miss you!
Love, Mary

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Way to go Mary! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you will be able to go to school this Spring and Summer and get ahead on your degree! I'll just have to send you pictures of the new baby when the time comes and hope you can visit home for Thanksgiving or Christmas! At least I got to see you last month! What a wonderful opportunity for you! Good luck! And I hope you will make the most of it! You're awesome!

Becky said...

YAY MARY! I guess I didn't have summer plans with you, but maybe I will now : ) Love ya, Becky : )